Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Challenge #134

Hi, everyone!
 We are starting a new feature - get to know our designers.  I thought it would be nice if each of the ladies tell you a bit about themselves in her own words.  Up this week is Nancy Seed.
Here is what she has to say:
So if you haven't guest already, I'm Nancy.  A simple gal who loves to create.  I am fortunately enough to be married to my Best Friend Peter for 36+ years now.  Yes I know everyone says they have married their Best Friend, but when you sit in a room and don't even have to open your mouth to have a conversation you know it's a close relationship.  He is my Rock and encourages me in whatever I do.  I love him more today than the day we met.  Together we have two great kids.  Our Son is a Firefighter and married to a great gal.  They have blessed us with our first Grandchild and have another on the way.  Our Daughter is just about finished her education for Dental Hygiene and will graduate in January 2014.  Although she is not married yet we do think that there is the sound of wedding bells coming not long after Graduation, as long as he asks our permission first!

My creativity I would have to say is an inherent one, since my mother was extremely gifted in whatever she decided to undertake and I have followed in her footsteps.  She would look at something and pick it apart and then create the same thing for a fraction of the price.  Another trait that I have inherited.  That was our bond with each other.  My love of cards started about 3 years ago when my Niece Shannon introduced me to it.  Before that I was an avid scrapbooker who enjoyed putting together our vacations, mainly cruises, for us to remember.  I enjoy following various blogs for sketch ideas and inspirations and love to push the envelop sometimes when I make my own cards.  The cards that I do not use for myself personally I sell and all of the proceeds from the sales are shared between Breast  Cancer and Prostate Cancer, two charities that are close to my heart.

I enjoy seeing how others view the sketches that Try Stampin puts out each week and look forward to everyones take on them.  I have even thought the odd time "why didn't I think of that!"

Thanks

Nancy
 Now for our challenge.  Here is the sketch:
 We have added a twist to the sketch this week --use a back to school theme and some form of metal on your card (if you want).
And the examples from the team:








Now let's see what you create based on our sketch.  I hope we have inspired you to get out your supplies and craft.
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Rose said...

another sketch the DT ROCKED!!! :)